It’s time to stop fooling myself and shutter the current incarnation of this blog.
It’s not that I haven’t had anything to say; it’s just that I haven’t felt like recording anything as a blog entry.
Yes, I did leave myself an out. Notice that I said “current incarnation.” In the distant future, this weblog may return in a considerably revamped form, but for now all 396 entries and 875+ comments will remain as is, at least as long as AdSense dollars continue to subsidize the domain name and the hosting fees.
I suppose a few random thoughts are in order before I sign off.
- My aging iPod tumbled to the ground one evening after work, shattering its LCD. I finally replaced it with a “reconditioned” iPod nano.
- I’ve become addicted to my Tassimo single-cup brewer and Torani coffee syrups.
- I am immensely happy with my decision over a year ago to switch from six-bladed Gillettes to a double-edge razor (Merkur and Feather), badger hair brush, and Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving soap.
- I still do not own a cell phone, even in the age of the iPhone.
- The last four albums I have bought on iTunes have been DRM-free (Mezzanine, A Posteriori, Global, and Reflections).
- I gave up on physical fitness. Sooner or later I will get back up off my fat ass and get back in shape, but not right now.
- Like most Americans, I grow increasingly disgusted with Bush and Cheney’s disdain for this country and its voters, its laws, its military, its reputation, and its legacy.
- I have FiOS, and I love it. Download speeds (and upload speeds) are even faster than at my workplace.
- With just a couple of months left until I turn 35, I confront myself with the question, “Am I happy?” My response would have to be a resigned exhalation and an unenthusiastic “meh…”
…and with that, “Good night and so long.”